On my way to class in a few minutes, so this’ll be short–
1. Biden knows his stuff. Yeah, he misspeaks from time to time, but it’s clear that he has experience dripping out the wazoo, much like McCain.
2. It’s clear, too, that Barack Obama understands issues, of all stripes, a lot better than Sarah Palin does. I don’t know if he’s *smarter*, necessarily, but he clearly has thought more about more complicated things than she has.
3. Joe Biden won a huge stack of points for calling out McCain/Palin on the “Maverick” riff. John McCain’s about as maverick as a sofa, and it was time for a member of the Democratic ticket to say that out loud.
4. Sarah Palin isn’t as inept as some of us thought (hoped) she was. Neither did she anything particularly smart or incisive, but she didn’t botch anything.
5. I don’t care how “folksy” she pretends to be. Middle-class and working-class citizens don’t own homes worth $500, 000, don’t have two “vacation retreats,” and generally don’t own airplanes. Neither are middle and working-class citizens governors of states, even states with small populations. It’s just a flat lie that she’s “one of us.”
More later, I’m sure.